Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sunday, November 5, 2000


I was tired last nite so it was "early to bed & early to rise" & the house is quiet & I'm set for church except to get into my dress.

Got my Thanksgiving cards for "the sisters" & started writing notes.  4 on Carl's side & 2 on my side.

Kim is afraid the teachers will strike & to make up the days they will lose all their holidays & she doesn't like that.  I hope they ca work it out.  In my memory there has been at least one strike.

On Halloween 2 interesting things happened.  I cleaned the bathroom on Tues. & keep my bucket on the attic stairs.  When I went to fill the bucket there was another bat.  I dropped everything, closed the door & quit working.  No one was home so when Dale came for lunch he took care of it.

Just before lunch the doorbell rang (I was glad I had showered & was presentable) & when I answered there were 3 persons in costume & I only expected 2 so for a minute I was at a loss for words.  It was Sheila & Sue with Sue's boyfriend. (Don't know what happened to her husband.)   Their get up was so good.  Barb took pictures so yesterday when I walked over town I gave them each a picture.  They came out so good & clear.  It was the last picture on the film & that aft. we went to the Mall & she dropped them at KMart & they were ready on Fri.  The pictures at the Dam came out so clear & nice.  She only wished a couple were closer up but she wanted the background.  She plans to send some.  She, meaning Barb.

Yesterday I went into D&K to get some Christmas wrapping.  This one clerk recognizes me & I said I wanted wrap so when my soon comes at Thanksgiving they can take some gifts back.  She wondered if there were grandchildren & when I said yes, she said we have some nice clothes for children, trying to be helpful.  I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I said I'll look next time I'm in.  But I can't imagine Andy wanting anything from D&K to wear.  Or Eddie, either.

Saw Mrs. Africa recently & she raved about the driveway.  Thinks it's wonderful.

Now it's afternoon & I'm watching golf on TV.

Yesterday I had a turkey roast so today we're having left overs.  Easy meal.

Yesterday Dale went to Frewsburg to see his friend & on the way he got a flat tire.  On the El Camino.  He changed the tire himself.  Today he cleaned it up & back to the garage it goes.  So he'll drive the Blazer.  He'll get new tires..

The refrig. in the basement won't work so Dale plans to get rid of it.  In its place he'll put a new set of shelves he bought.  We have an attic & a basement & still the space is filled.  Lots of junk.

This aft. Kim was going to tag several Christmas trees.  She'll tag one of us so we'll have a real tree again.  Plan to put in the area by the L.R. mirror.  Reason:  when it was by the stairs I couldn't sit & watch TV & see the tree at the same tie.  Now when I sit in my chair I can see both.  Just have to move the rocking chair.  I like to see the lights.

Upstairs Barb is clapping so Buff must be doing OK.  Now it's a tie & overtime.  They won.

Warren Hollertz called last week.  The group will get together Mon. Nov 20 at noon.  Someplace outside of Youngsville & they'll pick me up.  They had visited their son in Hartford & just came home from a visit in Ohio to their middle daughter.  They get around.  He said their anniversary was great.  Will be nice to see everyone again.

We still plan to go to Erie next Fri.  On Sat. I'll get a permanent.  I really need one -- my hair is getting long & straggly.

Just had a nice visit with Gen on the telephone.  It was my turn to call.  Ed answered the phone & he wondered about the Mets.  He always has to tease me.  But I got him back telling him the Mets did better than Boston by reading the World Series.

We're suppose to have showers in Tues.  Hope they aren't bad ones.  I like to vote in the A.M. & walk to Calvary Baptist church to vote.  Then at 4 I see the Dr.

Guess I've covered all the news here.  Before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment