Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Saturday, January 22, 2005


The snow has arrived & our temp. at 7 AM was 7 degrees.  It won't get much higher.  I look forward to next week as the temp will rise -- 30's.  Happy Day.

Barb is working in the attic.  She found a snapshot she tho't you'd like to see.  Also an "epistle" of Ruth & Rudy's 1971 trip to Sweden.  26 typewritten sheets, 1 side only.  It will be here for you to read sometime in the future.  There are leftover parts of rugs & stuff like that to go & create more space for more stuff.  Barb was thinking of getting rid of her college notes but changed her mind.  Both Barb & Dale have things stored up there.  There is our Christmas decorations, etc. up there.  What do you do without an attic or basement?   Don't gather as much, I'm sure.

Dale's back is much better & he has 1 more appt.  Before he went, he couldn't do any stretching exercises.

Barb plans to clean the freezer today.  When we have zero weather is a good time as we put stuff into large plastic bags on the front porch.  Some things get thrown out as they get pushed back & we don't see them.  She does the work & I sort out what gets thrown away.

Sheila's mother died.  The new girl did my hair yesterday but Sheila will be back next Fri. Her mother went fast.  I wonder why she never went to a doctor.  It must have been a fast form of cancer, as she was full of it.

Sat. aft.

We got the freezer cleaned & going again.  After a cup of tea, Barb went out to shovel the snow.  Next it's Dale's turn.  He bo't a new shovel with a longer handle.  It shouldn't hurt his back now.  Dale didn't finish with a car til after 12 PM.  T hen he put his tools away & brushed the floor.  He couldn't stand thinking of coming to work on Mon. with mud on the floor.  Another perfectionist.

I like the colors of your new dishes.  The movie you saw "In Good Company" sounds very interesting & one that might appeal to me.  When I see ads on TV for new movies, I wonder how people can sit thru them.



After I made Dale's lunch, I made a cake.  Wanted something for dessert & to snack on. Barb suggested the chicken & broccoli dish for supper & cleaning out the freezer I found 3 steaks for Sun. diner.  So I'm set for meals.

The recipe you sent sounds interesting.  I'll try it. I'll let you know the results.

We received the Spring Penney's catalogue & it is fun to look thru on a cold winter day.

I'm skimming thru P. D. James' book "Devices & Desires".  She likes words & uses them too much to suit me.  I like the action better than too much description of the area, rooms, scenery, etc.

Sun. Jan 23

Yesterday I didn't think I'd go to church today.  This A.M. I changed my mind & went to church.  Barb drove me over & I walked home.  The sun is out so it seems warmer.  Don't know if you remember the Bakers.  He worked at the Dam & she was active in the church. They were in church today -- in Wrrn. for friend's 50 wedding anniversary.  They had a girl & a boy.  He was Barb's age & the girl Dale's age.  Chuck & Penny Baker.

Talked to Denise Johnson today.  Her mother has been in the hosp. in Erie & now they want to put her in a home in Ohio.  The family can't understand that.  It's hard on husband Bob -- visiting her in Erie.  Surely there must be a place closer to home.

I finished P. D. James books.  I tried to cheat by looking at the ending but it didn't help so I finished the book & enjoyed it even tho her writing isn't my favorite.

We couldn't have the annual meeting t church as we didn't have a quorum.  Too many afraid of the weather & stayed home.

Soon football time.  I don't care who wins the first game, but I hope the Steelers can do it. Last nite we watched a program on the life of Jerome Bettis & it was very interesting.

Barb is shovelling again.  Dale's back is still a little tight.

Thurs the 27th

Jan 26, yesterday was 60 years since we got married.  That's a long time.

Torey felt better this week.  Someone fed him some spoiled food,k but not on purpose -- just a mistake.  They were up that nite with him several times.  Lar walked him home & they stopped several times on the way.  The soccer team is doing good winning games.

It's been cold again & I hope it will soon warm up.

Today I made choc. cookies with 1/2 marshmallow on top, then iced.  It is Bob's birthday so a little treat for him & the rest of the family.

Barb & I were working on the puzzle & watching TV when the lights went out.  Black, black, black.  We got candles lit & then the lights came on.  Then we had to set clocks.  Barb called Bert but the lights didn't go out there.  Transformer in Starbrick.

Sam Baughman & Nancy have been having problems.  She went to Fla. but she called Sam & as of yesterday he is on his way to bring her back.  Dale thinks Sam is crazy.

We were disappointed the Steelers couldn't win, but better luck next year.  I'm ready for baseball.  The Mets have been busy & I hope it pays off.  No matter what, they are my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment