Friday, October 9, 2026

Sunday, June 18, 2000

Another rainy weekend.  And this is the weekend the gals, including Kim, leave their husbands home & spend the weekend golfing in the Pittsburgh area.  Her birthday is Wed & we are celebrating tonite.  It's cooler so I'll use the oven to bake the chicken breasts & legs & oven fried potatoes.  Fresh green beans, fruit salad & birthday cake & fresh local strawberries on ice cream.

Wally Johnson, Levina's brother, picks berries & always brings us a quart.  We've bought a couple of qts from Hatch Patch.  With all the rain they probably won't have berries too long.  I don't plan to make jam.  I'm the only one to eat it & use it on my rolls & I could use the jars from teh store.  Smuckers is OK.

Dale's room looks so nice.  I bo't a paper shredder & used it to get rid of papers Dad kept.

I'm watching golf at Pebble Beach & it's been so good with Tiger in the lead.  Then the Mets are at Milwaukee & all 3 games are on TV so I've been switching back & forth when they are on at the same time.

Our pastor is on vacation so Ray Forstrom preached today.  Eleanor was in church but I didn't get to see her.  Tues. she goes for surgery -- breast cancer so she is upset.  It was raining so I dind't go to the car to see her.

Marge Ristau & I have a dress identical to each other & today we both wore the same dress.  It seems we seem to wear the dress on the same day -- mental telepathy I guess.  We laugh about it.

Last nite Lar walked Torey & ended up over here-- Torey was looking for Kim.  After the walk Lar was going to shower & he & Mike were going to Jamestown & would eat at Taco Hut.

Larry got another Gateway computer with more added to it.  They replaced the TV as well & Kim got new golf clubs for her birthday.  So they had a successful outing in Erie.

Mon. June 18th.

Kim's golfing trip was a success in spite of rainy weather.  This Holiday Inn specializes in setting up these trips.  They get 1 dinner & 2 breakfasts plus 1 drink chit (they expect you to keep ordering) plus they set up the Sat. & Sun. golf outings plus cart.  For 200.00 so that's not bad -- includes rooms.

We had a nice birthday dinner for Kim.

It's beautiful today -- cool but clear & sunny.  I have to have a blood test so Barb will take me over & I'll walk home.  Nice day for a walk.

Nascar race in Pa. was cancelled Sun due to rain & is running today so Dale can see part of it during his lunch hour.

I remember you couldn't wait til you were 16 to get your driver's permit.  We'd go for a ride & you would beg to drive so we'd go to some out of the way road & you'd get to drive.  So now Andy & then Eddie.  I bet Andy gets what he wants & you won't have a trade in on your next car.  Here the kids have to wait 6 months to take theire driver's test.

Last Mon I ordered my medication thru the telephone & they were here by Thurs.  I finally caught on as to how to get it done!  All these newfangled ideas!  If I had a computer, I could use it.  I get the pills thru my insurance & it's much cheaper.  3 months worth.

Tues the 20th.  Another perfect day.  I finally have my bedroom looking neater, so it blends better with the rest of hte upstairs.

Tonite we go to get groceries at Quality via the Mall as K Mart has several things I need to get.

Guess you noticed our library director is leaving.  Wonder who will want to come here but things are improving so it might be eaiser for the next Dir.

Not much happening here so I'll bring this to a close.  With love from all of us.





No comments:

Post a Comment