Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sunday, March 3, 2002


I heard that Milwaukee has about 8" of snow so I wonder if you have any for the boys to shovel.  Just rain for us but flurries are in the forecast as well as colder weather.

Our midweeks are so interesting.  The video shows different churches & comments from members.  The study has been on baptism & what is means to us today as adults.  Some have a font in the entryway.  We have the old font & we think it should be put in our entry.  It is too nice to be in storage & it could mean more to remind us as we come into church.  Most pastors make the sigh of the cross now & that came up in our group last Wed.  We break into small groups to discuss what we saw & heard.  Marge Ristau said she finally got up courage to make the sign of the cross after communion.  R. Thelin wasn't sure if he was ready.  Mike Wacter (Sandy Sampson's husband) would & I said I would.  Today I wasn't sure but I watched Roger during communion & he did and so did I.  Are you surprised.  Mike is a cop & had to work today.

I told you there was a pot luck after our last Tues study.  Janice Carlson brought a green pepper soup. I didn't taste it but it smelled so good & those who did said it was delicious.  Green peppers, onions, hamburg, diced tomatoes, rice, etc.  I found the recipe in one of my cookbooks.

Sheila (hairdresser) got braces for her teeth.  She had just gotten them on Wed. & on Fri. her mouth was still sore & she was on soft foods.  Braces on for 2 years at $4,000.00.

Last nite Barb & I played 2 games of Scrabble but I can't beat her but I was closer.

Not much has been done on my puzzle.  Mostly I sit & stare.  I'll have it done by the time you get here.

I'm watching golf.  Yesterday Ernie Els was far ahead of the field.  When it came on today, Tiger is catching up & only 3 behind.  It is more interesting this way.

We have a family at church whose son plays basketball for Eisenhower.  Maybe you've noticed they went without a loss during the season but lost both playoff games by only 1 point.  So disappointing.  Linda Lyle Ekey's son played & he is a senior.  The other boys is a Jr.  Forgot 2 from church played for Eisenhower.

When Big Lots opened at the Mall, Barb wasn't too impressed.  This past week we shopped there & there is more merchandise & she was more impressed.  More baskets & interesting things for the garden & plants.

Dale cleaned the dust from behind the stove & fridge.  Getting ready for your visit.  I won't guarantee the house will be dustless! -- on my part.

I have a pork loin for supper.  Easy & tasty.

Do you think NYC can really decide on one book to read.  I hadn't heard about that before y our letter.  Warren has the group discussion on a book like your library does.

Mon the 4th 1:30 pm

We went to the Mall & I foundally (2 words together!) finally found my spice jelly beans.

Barb is cleaning out the fridge for me.  Just glad I can get out of doing it.

It's really a cold day.  The wind is cold so I'm glad to be inside.

Tues A.M.

My upstairs work is done.  It was 11 this A.M.  I still showered in the basement.  The little heater helps a lot.

All is well with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment