Friday, January 20, 2012

Sunday, November 7, 1999

Your mother has a black eye!  I was walking up the post office steps & tripped & fell on my face.  My glasses pressed on my right eye so it is a bruise mostly under the eye.  Doesn't hurt but doesn't look too good.  People noticed it in church.  My first black eye.  Scratched the right eye glass.


Got your letter & pictures.  You look different.  But I can't decide how I like it until I see you in person.  If you like it that is the best reason.

Tomorrow Barb & I are going to Erie while the weather is still nice.  Want to do some Christmas shopping   I hope to find pants for Andy.  Now that he has more expensive ideas his gifts will be fewer.  Hope he'll understand - but if I have to pay 50.00 for pants_______.  He'll still get his share.

Roland & Linda's house sounds nice.  Eric sure is a hard worker.  Sorry to hear about Signe.  She would be 88 next Jan.  Stella will be 90 in Nov. - the 27th.  But when one hits the late 80s you have to expect the end.

They announced in church today that Gen Brader had died.  I was shocked - didn't realize she was ill.  Ever since Bill's death she was unhappy & read to die.  I don't feel that way - I'm happy for every day when I wake up.


Back to Barb, because she won't work Mon. she will make up the hours the rest of the week.  She has been sanding the kitchen cupboards getting them ready for painting.  Nothing's been done for years & years.

Lar & Kim went to Jamestown last nite to purchase a cabinet for their bathroom.  Like a buffet & they'll take the top off & lay the sink, etc. on top of it.  I know they talk of using old dressers, if good, & cut a hole in the top.  They looked for tops from plumbing co. but they cost too much - $500.00, this one costs 169.99.  Yesterday Kim was going to walk Torey to camp - over 5 mi. - then mow the lawn.  Lar would pick them up.


We like our new chairs.  They are firmer, hit the back in the right spot & are comfortable.  Took a nap on Fri. after they came.  Barb says now we need a rug that blends better.  That's just a dream.

Penn State lost - boo hoo.  Barb is upset they went down to 8th.  The Wisc.-Purdue game was a good one.  Watched it all.

Have golf on TV; Dale has racing & Barb is switching between tennis & the Bills.  Nice to have our personal TVs.

A nap sounds good so I'll close for this time.

Mon.  We had a nice trip to Erie & found (I hope) pants Andy wants - at Penneys so can be exchanged.  Also the other gift he wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment