Thursday, January 16, 2014

Monday, January 2, 2006


I'm watching the Wi-Auburn game & your team is ahead.  I hope they can keep it that way.

Yesterday Barb grilled steaks for our meal.  The meat was so tender & grilled just right. Tonite we're having pork chops & sauerkraut, Pa. lucky start of the New Year dinner.

When I got a letter from the church pension assn. I found I will have a little increase as well as a S.S. increase.  That is always nice.

This A.M. I got a perm & I really needed it.  They last 3 months for me with a hair cut after 6 weeks.

This A.M. Barb was looking thru her purse & found her keys in a pocket she didn't realize was in the purse.  Think I mentioned she was using my keys.

We didn't go for groceries today because it is raining -- and we wanted to watch football.

Whatever bug Dale had (in the chest) it lasted all last week.  He still worked but didn't feel that good.  But he is beginning to feel like himself again.

Did you get a new coffee pot?

I really like the Betty Crocker cooky cookbook.  It has all my favorites in it plus some new ones that sound interesting.  Soon I'll be ready to make cookies again -- for my coffee break!

I agree concerning the Weather Channel's programming for "It Could Happen Tomorrow".  I don't think it will make people more alert to make preparations for a bad storm.  They don't' appeal to me at all & besides I have other favorite programs in that time period.

Bet you were surprised to find a scarf among your gifts.  I liked the softness so much, I got one for myself.  I don't like cold air around my neck.

The next time we go to Jamestown I hope to find a bath mat set & maybe a matching set of towels.  Towels are a weakness of mine.  I miss D&K as they had great seconds of towels cheap.  You had to check them closely & the seconds weren't' bad at all.

Concerning Tom, the cat, you can get over the counter worm medicine for cats & dogs, according to Kim.  Betsy (your age) gets it for her cat.

Kim told us about something Betsy sues when she feels a cold coming on. Called AIRBORNE, "developed" by a school teacher who was tired of getting sick in the classroom. It is created using "a unique natural combination of seven  herbal extracts, antioxidants, electrolytes & amino acids that offer vitamins & herbal support for hours."  6.99 for 10 tablets.  Can be found in drug store or KMart, etc.  I plan to look for it.  (Got it at KMart for $5.99.  It is good.)

Thurs. A.M.  My chores are completed including a banana cream pie for dessert.  The 1st Thurs. of each month they have a lunch meeting.  It's nice to get a break, even if Dale makes his own sandwich.  His late week Tues is when I fix a good lunch for him & if we have some kind of toasted sandwich.

I heard on Buff. TV the 39 cent stamp doesn't go into effect til Sun. the 8th.  We'll have to get some 2 cent stamps.

I watched the first half of Penn State vs. Fla & was fast asleep when they won the game. Wasn't as interested in USC & Texas.  Watched a little of it.  Both were exciting games to watch.  Of course, we were elated PA. State came out on top.  The Ohio State game was exciting as well as the Wi. bowl game.

For 2 days Barb has been frustrated.  Why, you ask!  She couldn't get on the Internet.  She called each day & they said there was a problem at Penn State.  Finally this A.M., it came thru.  When she called the first day, they told her it was either the bill was over due or a power problem.  The bill is deducted each month from my acct. so it can't be that.  It was the power.  When she couldn't get on the Internet she started knitting a sweater for herself.  It is a type of angora like yarn in a peacock blue & it will be beautiful.  She is using large needles so it will go fast -- if she gets back to knitting.

Valentines are out already & I bo't 4 of them so I'm prepared.  When the months go by so fast, it won't be that long before they are in the mail.

Fri.   It's snowing out but not accumulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment